Probably each of us from time to time wants to return to childhood. How to do that? Well, in my case just cook fish according to my Mom’s recipe.
What do you need?
- Flour, mixed with salt and black pepper (last time I used Bread Crumbs)
- Vegetable oil
*number of ingredients according to your desire
What to do?
- Cut fish into portions of the desired size
- Mix flour with salt and black pepper
- Roll fish in the mixture.
- Fry in oil, set aside on a plate
- Chop onion. Fry in the same pan. When the onion become transparent, put all fish on it.
- Add water, reduce heat, cover and simmer
Serve with boiled potatoes or rice.
My Mom used to make potatoes with butter as a side dish for the fish.
Everything was simple and tasty back then. Although I didn’t like onions when I was a kid.
In general, food was very simple in the Soviet Union. The only “not healthy” food that I can remember right now might be fried, but very fresh pies.
What do you associate childhood with? Please, let me know…